VQMT: Video Quality Measurement Tool
Software with fast implementations several objective metrics
This software provides fast implementations of the following objective metrics:
- PSNR: Peak Signal-to-Noise Ratio,
- SSIM: Structural Similarity,
- MS-SSIM: Multi-Scale Structural Similarity,
- VIFp: Visual Information Fidelity, pixel domain version,
- PSNR-HVS: Peak Signal-to-Noise Ratio taking into account Contrast Sensitivity Function (CSF),
- PSNR-HVS-M: Peak Signal-to-Noise Ratio taking into account Contrast Sensitivity Function (CSF) and between-coefficient contrast masking of DCT basis functions.
In this software, the above metrics are implemented in OpenCV (C++) based on the original Matlab implementations provided by their developers. The source code of this software can be compiled on any platform and only requires the OpenCV library (core and imgproc modules). This software allows performing video quality assessment without using Matlab and shows better performance than Matlab in terms of run time.